Mushroom Spinach Quinoa
Finally, my first recipe post! This dish is super easy peasy to make and is a combination of two things I love - mushrooms and quinoa!
Oftentimes, I am so consumed by trying out new recipes that my fridge is left with random veg and other produce waiting to go bad. While meal-planning has made it much easier to reduce food-waste, I am still guilty of having to throw away things that I misplaced or forgot about. This was honestly the reason I whipped this dish together and I'm so glad I did it... you really can't go wrong with these super foods. :)
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 8-ounce package of porcini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
1. Cook the quinoa in a rice cooker or a large saucepan. The ratio to cooking quinoa is always 1:2 cups water. Set aside.
2. Heat coconut oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Brown the garlic and then add mushroom. Stir occasionally, about 3-4 minutes, or until mushroom is tender. Add wine, stir until reduced and syrupy.
3. Mix quinoa into mushroom mixture, add in the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring until the spinach is wilted.