One-Pot Green Curry Chicken and Quinoa
Hmmm there are so many reasons why I love curry. Hearty, nourishing, warming and oh so delicious, you can never really go wrong with this versatile dish. I’ve been so busy with moving, the thought of making anything that requires a lot of prep work and washing is beyond me. So here goes, a personal favourite and an easy peasy, fuss-free dish that requires almost no prep time and guarantee to make your taste buds happy.
Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 pound of chicken breast, sliced
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 cup of water
- 1 handful of green beans, chopped
- 3 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon of agave syrup
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- lime leaves, optional
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in large pot over medium high heat. Sear chicken about 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken is not pink. Set chicken aside.
- Now, add the remaining coconut oil to the pot. Add the garlic and the curry paste to the pot, cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, water, quinoa and lime leaves. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat slightly. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast, green beans and red pepper into the mixture. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot, season with salt and pepper.